Weekend Post

Mmegi

The Midweek Sun

Sunday Standard

Botswana Gazette

Botswana Guardian

The Voice BW

The Patriot

Botswana Business Diary

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gaborone is what you make of it

Mmegi: However, I share a different story; I was born in Tonota but I grew up mostly in yet another town Lobatse. I also spent some of my childhood in Gaborone. However, contrary to the general storyline provided to those coming in from the village, as a child I saw my parents finding it hard to make ends meet in the towns. We moved to Gaborone when my father was transferred from Lobatse in 1999, thus the city was introduced to me at the ripe age of 10.Firstly my father often made me fear Gaborone. Yes of course a parent would exaggerate to create fear in their childrenÕs minds to make them more circumspect about a new place, especially a place as big and potentially dangerous as a city. My father achieved this of coarse.I was not even allowed to play outside without parental supervision, as it was feared that there were many crooks that could "steal" me.

No comments:

Blog Archive